Competition Rules 2023
Rules Pole Competition ADC – April 30th 2023
- Taking part in this competition is entirely at your own risk.
- After subscribing to the competition by e-mail, you are temporarily registered. You have to confirm your registration by paying the fee per participant per act within 48 hours. If your payment has not been received on time, the next subscriber will take your place.
- Participant fee will not be returned in case of calling off or disqualification. Not even in case of injury or rescheduling due to COVID.
- Your place is not transferable, you cannot sell or give it away.
- It is not possible to transfer canceled spots from our previous edition to this edition.
- Participants sign in half an hour before the start of their block (Early afternoon, Late afternoon).
- Participants who sign in too late will be excluded from the competition.
- The organization of the competition will have the right to exclude participants at all times.
- The dressing room is a restricted area for participants only. In the kids category, one parent/caretaker is allowed to accompany.
- Music is to be delivered to us by e-mail from January 15th, 2023 and before the deadline! Deadlines are defined per block:
Block 1: Deliver before April 1st, 2023
Block 2: Deliver before April 8th, 2023
- You can send in your music after receiving a contestant number, these will be published on the Competition Page around mid January
- We do not accept the same music twice within a block. Have the advantage of sending your music early to not have the unpleasant surprise of disapproval.
- There is a minimum and maximum time length for music and act that varies per category:
– Kids, min 2:00 max 2:30.
– Beginners, min 2:00 max 2:30.
– Intermediate 1, min 2:30 max 3:00
– Intermediate 2, min 2:30 max 3:00.
– 35+, min 2:30 max 3:00.
- Block 2:
– Advanced, min 2:30 max 3:00.
– Elite, min 3:00 max 4:00.
– Duo, min 2:30 max 3:00.
– Exotic, min 2:30 max 3:00.
– Amateur Story, min 3:00 max 3:30.
– Professional Story, min 3:00 max 3:30.
- Music should be sent to [email protected] before described deadlines. Please mention your registration number (the number in front of your name on the competition page.
- Music should be sent as an .MP3 file (minimum quality 128kbps stereo).
- Sudden cut-offs, bad sound quality, abusive words in texts or badly mixed music will be refused.
- As soon as we have received and approved your music, an (M) will appear behind your name on the competition page.
- If you do not deliver your music in time, you will get a penalty of 1 point per day on your jury score.
- We offer a service to download and cut/fade your music at a fee of € 10,-. This service can be bought through our webshop.
– Buy the item Muziek Service in our webshop.
– Than send an e-mail with your wishes to our Competition mailbox, refer to Kees
– At receipt of your request, an (e) is noted behind your name in the list. If your request is received before the deadline for your block, your are safe.
– I will download, edit and share the music with you. If you agree, I will put the music in the Competition system.
- Only decent clothing is allowed.
- Wearing only underwear or a bikini as clothing is not allowed.
- Buttocks, groins, breasts and nipples should be covered.
- Exotic: your outfit can be sexy but not too naked. In doubt? Send us an e-mail!
- Classic & Exotic: No clothing is to be removed during the act.
- Kids & Story: No clothing is to be removed during the act. It is only allowed to remove items like a skirt, cape or wings. If you have any doubts, please ask permission by e-mail
- Dancing on high heels is only allowed for the Exotic category.
- Neglecting these rules will lead to penalties or disqualification by the jury.
- A Truss will be placed with top and bottom fixed 45mm poles, about 4 meters high. Left pole is static, Right pole is spinning. (Seen from the perspective of the audience)
- The whole act should be performed inside the truss. Touching or using the elements of the truss will lead to immediate disqualification. (Truss can be greasy or dirty which makes you lose grip)
- Using attributes is only allowed for categories Kids and Story. Maximum size of these attributes is 50 centimeters in all directions. They should be easy to move. No confetti!
- Fireworks or any other attributes that can damage the stage are not allowed. In doubt: always send us an email.
- The use of body make-up is restricted to the Story categories and only on body parts that do not come into contact with the poles.
- At category Amateur Story you are allowed to use techniques up to and including level intermediate 1.
- Kids, Advanced, Elite,Professional Story & Exotic are allowed to use all techniques.
- 35+ can use techniques from beginners & intermediate + a maximum of 2 advanced techniques. You can not perform a handspring deadlift in this category.
- You can not enter other categories than ELITE if you’ve joined the nationals in the last 5 years.
You can enter professional STORY TELLER.
- At Exotic (and all other categories) you are not allowed to make movements where you can damage the floor.
- Using forbidden techniques will lead to penalties or disqualification by the jury. -1 per technique, per jury form.
- Use of Stick-it and Itac is not allowed.
- Again, neglecting these rules will lead to penalties or disqualification by the jury.
- Voor alle categorieën geldt dat de jury ook beoordeelt op de verdeling van de act tussen beide palen en de performance op de grond.
- The jury will also judge you for an equal distribution of your act between the two poles and your performance on the ground.